A straightforward task can be transformed into a creative activity with a few changes. Some key words and phrases that could be used are:
- make a new
- devise a way.
When planning a creative activity, great care needs to be taken to ensure that all students are able to access the learning at a level appropriate to their individual needs and experiences.
Some considerations include:
- When should the task be given?
- How can the task be structured so that all can participate in the task?
- What instructions should accompany the task? Will there be ‘hints’ that students can request?
- How will the class be organised? Will the class work in groups, as individuals or a combination of both?
- What type of support will be given by the teacher?
- What feedback will be given to the student?
- How can student work be showcased to others?
This is a challenging ICT task in which students construct specific quadrilaterals which will maintain their attributes regardless of how they are manipulated.